Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Something Borrowed, Something Blue


This cutie of a cake was for a bridal shower a couple of weeks ago. The bridesmaid dresses were navy blue so of course we covered the cake in navy blue fondant, and then decorated with the same flowers that are being used in the wedding. The cake turned out great - and yes, the flowers were made out of fondant.  I bet it tasted even better than it looked.  It was chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling and strawberry cake with chocolate ganache and sliced strawberry filling.  All I can say is YUM! I also have to admit, the flowers, even though they took forever to do, turned out simply beautiful! This cake was large enough to feed about 45 people. And, a special thanks to my sister Mary for helping me deliver it! My mom usually helps me out, but with her out of town and Mary in..... she got the honors. Thanks Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment